Are you on a limited data plan and need to know how much data usage you are incurring? Or maybe you’re just curious how much data is being used by an application or by your smartphone? The following applications (both free and paid) are probably the best data monitor apps for your Blackberry smartphone
This app promises to
- See the data you are using hourly, daily, weekly, monthy and even on a yearly basis!
- Setup your custom logs to manage your data consumption.
- Customize the billing cycle and data limits to your own personal plan and set notifications that alert you on how much data you have used.
- Compare the data you use while connected to 3G, GPRS and over WiFi.
It is not compatible with CDMA Blackberry phones
Compatible with the blackberry 10 series, this app promises to
- Monitor your data, phone and SMS usage to avoid going over your daily/monthly quota
- Native BlackBerry® Z10 / Q10 app to monitor data, phone and SMS usage.
- Supports daily and monthly quota reset.
- Visual charts to track your current usage against the number of days elapsed.
- Daily average and projected usage for the month.
- Notifications at different usage thresholds.
- monitors and counts incoming and outgoing data packages
- shows (roaming) network statuses
- shows real time daily and monthly data quota and consumption (shown in Kb)
- shows active applications
- several visual and audible signals are provided to alert the end-user and/or your companies telecom management
- system administrators can remote control most options with IT policies set from the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
Free Trial. OTA download available here
Still in beta version, this application tracks network traffic on your BlackBerry device.
- Shows traffic separated by radio and WiFi traffic
- Monthly traffic available
- Differentiates between traffic sent out and received
- Billing setup
- Over-usage alarm (de)activation — First day of month of your telephone bill (this helps to calculate charges within a billing cycle) — Packages traffic (i.e. you have a 10 MB BlackBerry® Data Plan)
- Price per KB thereafter (i.e. traffic charges when you use more than 10 MB of your data plan)
- Maximum traffic fee (i.e. if you are OK to spend $10 on traffic more per month, you will get a notification when your monthly traffic is over $10)
- Global over-usage notification
- Homescreen notification icon: You will now see an “over-usage” icon in your BlackBerry® homescreen, you are over your monthly traffic maximum
- Global dialog notification: Whatever you are using right now and you exceed the traffic limit, a dialog will pop up and show a notification about traffic “over-usage”
- Auto starts network tracking on device reset and runs in light-weight mode in background.