Some of the world’s funniest puns
What is a pun?
If you don’t know already, you don’t need this info, but for those that would like to know, a pun is a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings. Puns are used to create humor and sometimes require a large vocabulary to understand. They have long been used by comedy writers, such as William Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde, and George Carlin.
…so William was a comedy writer too.. Hmmm…
Puns could be fun, so i’ve compiled a collection of some of the funniest puns I’ve come across. Feel free to have a laugh, and please don’t forget to leave a comment on the meanings of these puns.
10 funniest puns (from votes by punoftheday.com)
- Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He’s all right now.
- I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
- I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. It’s impossible to put down.
- It’s not that the man did not know how to juggle, he just didn’t have the balls to do it.
- I couldn’t quite remember how to throw a boomerang, but eventually it came back to me.
- I’m glad I know sign language, it’s pretty handy.
- I used to have a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
- There was a sign on the lawn at a drug re-hab center that said ‘Keep off the Grass’.
- Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He was lucky it was a soft drink.
- Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.
If you want more really funny puns, they join me at punoftheday.com where you can get a pun a day for free.