Yes we love Whatsapp, don’t we?
As one of the Top Five Messenger applications of 2013 (and the best social app in South Africa), we love to use WhatsApp Messenger to connect to friends and the world.
But there is a challenge. It doesn’t seem to work with these model of phones
Nokia 101, Nokia 110, Nokia C2-06, Nokia 112, Asha 200, Nokia X2-02, Asha 202, Asha 308, Asha 305, Asha 310, Nokia 301. In fact many dual SIM phones in this list don’t seem to work with Whatsapp.
What then is the solution?
Okay, we want a solution. Here goes your solution.
Disclaimer: This is a user-created fix for whatsapp, and not the manufacturer-designed way to install this application, so please we do not take responsibility for any damage you may cause your device in the process of using this guide (So far there has been non though, so do not panic :D)
- A Dual SIM Nokia phone (also works on any Nokia phone)
- An Internet connection (you already have this anyway)
How to Download WhatsApp on Dual SIM Nokia phones – 7 Steps
- Download Whatsapp on Dual SIM Nokia here
- Unzip it into your computer and transfer the contents (WhatsApp.jar and Whatsapp.jad) to your phone using a USB cable. If you don’t have a computer to transfer the contents to, learn how to open and extract zip files with BlueFTP
- Move the app into your the folder called “My Apps” (or any applications folder in your phone). Be aware though, that this is not the supported version for your phone. We would need to upgrade it!
- DO NOT OPEN IT YET!
- Navigate to the folder you moved the extracted files and on WhatsApp, select the option key and choose “Update Version”. Allow the application to update. Don’t forget to replace the existing version, and to clear existing user data.
- Now run the application and fill in your personal details
- Mission accomplished
UPDATE: Now you may not even need a PC to download and install Whatsapp on Dual SIM Nokia phones! With BlueFTP, and this really easy guide, you can now extract the contents of your downloaded file without hassles.
If download link doesn’t work, try this