#HowTo: Download Whatsapp on Dual SIM Nokia phones

Yes we love Whatsapp, don’t we?

whatsapp messenger

Whatsapp Messenger

As one of the Top Five Messenger applications of 2013 (and the best social app in South Africa), we love to use WhatsApp Messenger to connect to friends and the world.

But there is a challenge. It doesn’t seem to work with these model of phones

Nokia 101, Nokia 110, Nokia C2-06, Nokia 112, Asha 200, Nokia X2-02, Asha 202, Asha 308, Asha 305, Asha 310, Nokia 301. In fact many dual SIM phones in this list don’t seem to work with Whatsapp.

What then is the solution?

Okay, we want a solution. Here goes your solution.

Disclaimer: This is a user-created fix for whatsapp, and not the manufacturer-designed way to install this application, so please we do not take responsibility for any damage you may cause your device in the process of using this guide (So far there has been non though, so do not panic :D)

Required:

• A Dual SIM Nokia phone (also works on any Nokia phone)
  • An Internet connection (you already have this anyway)

Wait!!!

Before you begin, visit http://store.ovi.com/content/172049 or http://store.ovi.com/content/62616 on your browser to see if you can download it directly. If  it fails, proceed to the next steps.

How to Download WhatsApp on Dual SIM Nokia phones – 7 Steps

1.  Download Whatsapp on Dual SIM Nokia here
  2. Unzip it into your computer and transfer the contents (WhatsApp.jar and Whatsapp.jad) to your phone using a USB cable. If you don’t have a computer to transfer the contents to, learn how to open and extract zip files with BlueFTP
  3. Move the app into your the folder called “My Apps” (or any applications folder in your phone). Be aware though, that this is not the supported version for your phone. We would need to upgrade it!
  4. DO NOT OPEN IT YET!
  5. Navigate to the folder you moved the extracted files and on WhatsApp, select the option key and choose “Update Version”. Allow the application to update. Don’t forget to replace the existing version, and to clear existing user data.
  6. Now run the application and fill in your personal details
  7. Mission accomplished

UPDATE: Now you may not even need a PC to download and install Whatsapp on Dual SIM Nokia phones! With BlueFTP, and this really easy guide, you can now extract the contents of your downloaded file without hassles.

Comments

1. says

Nice tutorial bro, will try it out

• says

Please do. Your feedback will be appreciated

• says

i am using nokia c203 i have complited all step but whats up apps update than show massage memory full how to sovled my mail add. vaibhavjain.jain960@gmail.com

• says

Please do. Your feedback will be appreciated as well

2. bhush says

not working … plz help

Hello @Bhush,
      Are there any error messages during installation? Please state exact point of error so we can help troubleshoot accordingly. Or send a tweet to @echosolutionsng

3. abcd says

..phone nt supported..updating notifictns enabler den it goes blank..my phone is nokia asha 200…wat shld i do nw?

• says

did you download zip according the the instructions? What is the error message?

• Arvind says

sir i am having the same promblem as of abcd but my phone is x2 02

4. Jonty says

Thank You so much bro. You are a saviour.

Always here to help ;)
      Don’t forget to like and share with others too

5. brunelly says

o meu celular é um nokia c2 06 quando eu baixo ocorre um erro e fala “formato não disponível” me ajude por favor o que eu faço?

Olá Brunelly,
      Será que você siga os passos no post?
      Será que você baixar o arquivo zip a partir do link?
      Eu gostaria de saber onde exatamente você está preso.
      (Desculpem o meu Português, é a tradução online)
      obrigado

• brunelly says

eu não consigo achar a “Versão Update”.

• says

Isso geralmente acontece quando você se esquecer de mover o aplicativo para a memória do fone. Será que você movê-lo (não copiá-lo) para a memória do fone?

6. ruben says

to download whatsapp http://whatsapp.com/download

7. ga says

As far as i know thosedual nokia phones arenot supporting multitaskong, so how whatsapp is supposed to run on background?or it wont?.will it only start working when i open the app on my phone? Im going to buy one so asking. Thanks

• says

Which particular version do you want to buy?

8. avani says

hiplz help me to install whtsapp on my mobile nokia c203 i m doing all yr step but not working helping me …here just msg come not supported after upgration…u just check whtsapp is available for nokia c2-03???

• says

Hello avani, where are you stuck in the installation process? I sent you a mail, please reply
      Thanks

9. milan says

thx so much man! i did what u sead and its working on my nokia 301 dual.

• says

You’re welcome Milan. I’m glad to be of help. Please share with friends, and ask your questions via email and live chat

10. sruthi says

sir when i entered my phone number after opening the application appearing as ‘could not connect to server and error occured while opening connection ‘what 2 do now???????

• says

Are you connected to a network? Were you able to upgrade the whatsapp with an internet connection? This issue mostly occurs when you don’t have an internet connection. Confirm and try again, or sent me an email feedback{at}echo.com.ng

• coco says

same problem here aswell :(

The most likely problems could be
        > You don’t have a data plan enabled on your mobile connection
        > You are in an area with poor data network connectivity
        > Your network provider has blocked access to Whatsapp services (you may have to try another number to confirm this)

Please read this thread in Nokia forums and follow the steps suggested by other users

11. says

how to clear existing user data??

• says

While upgrading, it gives you the option to “Clear existing user data”.

12. leon says

HI sir..i tryed downloading whatsapp on my phone using your tips it worked for me till it got to the point where i have give in my phone number, it responded and said unable to connect to server so i would really appreciate it if you could tell me what to do from there.

Hello Leon,
      Are you using a 3G connection? It is best if you try this on a 3G or a WiFi connection. And don’t forget that the upgrade is important (very important).

Thanks

13. Yaswanth says

im getting this error-“setting up favorites failed
    Network conditons do not allow contact refresh”
    i’ve tried everything,suggest me an answer

Hello Yaswanth,
      At what point are you getting this error? Are you trying to do this on a PC? What is your phone model please?

Thanks

• says

sme prblm fr my phne also im dng on my phne plss hlpp us

nokia asha 200 dual sim

14. says

I already downloaded it as you have stated but I can launch it…
    It Says:::::::::::::Could not Connect to server:Error occured whilst opening connection.

• says

Did you upgrade it? Are you on a 3G/WiFi connection? These are the most likely issues that may result in this abnormality

• divya says

plz help me 2 instal this app
        my problem is as how 2 unzip

Hi Divya,
          I’ve updated the post to help fix your issue. You can now unzip with your mobile phone.

Cheers

15. says

I installed it on my Nokia Asha 200, updated too.. It opens fine.. But when I enter my phone number, it says “Could not connect to server: Error occured whilst opening connection”.. My GPRS connection is working very well, I can open other websites.. Please help I need to have whatsapp!

The most likely problems could be
      > You don’t have a data plan enabled on your mobile connection
      > You are in an area with poor data network connectivity

16. says

thanks for this

Thanks for reading :)

17. silky says

I installed it on my Nokia Nokia C2 03, updated too.. It opens fine.. But when I enter my phone number, it says “Could not connect to server: Error occured whilst opening connection”

18. Arvind says

hey i have installed the whatsapp and it is working well on my nokia x2 02 my only problem is that i cannot be online for whole time i mean when i close the software internet also gets automatically disconnected so what should i do to be online for whole day evn when i m not using whats app

• says

This should mean your phone doesn’t have background notification enabled. This is a feature that allows apps remain in the background and returns messages if any. Unfortunately the only way around this is to get a phone with such feature.

Hope this helps

19. Usama says

Really a big Thanks Dude.. You Solved a big Problem.
    Whatsapp running on my x2-02 smoothly…..

• says

That’s great! Glad to be of help

20. philani says

guys follow my easy steps for nokia x2-02. just take a nokia phone which has whatsaap and insert your memory card in it and go to the application then options and copy the app then take out the memory card back to your phone and go to it and a notification wil appear press yes and typ in your 4rndz number as old number and urz as a new number then press next and next again….heppie you hav whatsapp on the chat side delete al the chats and refresh favorites and reresh all contacts….naw u a gd to go or email me (Philaningema27@gmail.com)

21. says

i m using nokia c2-06 and i have done it as u said it above…..but it stopped on phone setup.so plz help abt this issue..

22. raya says

i am using nokia asha 200 and i have upgraded it, typed in my number now during the phone setup its saying that “setting up favorites failed. network conditions do not allow contact refresh”
    can you tell me whats wrong?? is it my configuration setting?? although its a dual sim cell ph i am using only one sim right now placed under the battery. plz help! :(

23. says

while entering my mobile number on my asha 305 im getting an error saying cannot connect to the server error occured whilst opening connection

24. Mandar says

I’ve followed above mentioned procedure. Appreciate ur work man, bt on my X2-02(Device Software Version 12.04) the application starts. The verification screen appears. Then is starts “Updating notification enabler” automatically & after sometime, it straightaway says that “Phone not supported”

25. aniket says

i got error message at the number verification they said “could not connect to server certificate was issued by an unrecognized entity” so wat i do now plz help me my mobile model nokia c2-03 plz mail me on patilaniket251193@gmail.com

26. Jasmin says

hi,
    i need help. . . . I tried everything possible to install whatsapp in
    my c2-03 as you mentioned in your Echo blog. My problem occurs when i
    type my number and press ok. A message says. . . . Could not connect
    to server.Error occurred whilst opening.
    Plz help me solving this. I have a working data plan and there’s no
    network problem here. I updated the version twice but the problem
    still continues :(

27. Saroj2709 says

this link is not working… plz help. i wnt to dwnld whtsapp on my nokia c2 03..

28. Saroj2709 says

this link is not working… plz help. i wnt to dwnld whtsapp on my nokia c2 03..

29. Saroj2709 says

@philani
    is it works for nokia c2 03?

30. Saroj2709 says

@aniket
    download it frm here again and upgrade it before opn it.

31. schivmeister says

Pure genius. Could you apply the same techniques to the other “smart” messaging apps such as WeChat, Viber and/or LINE? Otherwise, if it’s OK with you, let us/me know how you went about the hack.

32. paulovirih says

Sorry , i got stuck here “Navigate to the folder you moved the extracted files and on WhatsApp, select the option key and choose “Update Version”” how do you mean select options key, is it on my PC or my phone cos i don’t even know where options on my pc is…..

33. ChinmayaDattatrayaBhat says

Hi guys..whatsapp on my nokia x2 02 is working fine…thanks to you…. if any of you have problem like-“failed to connect to server whilst opening” or “failed to connect to server:time out “…then once you open the app even though it says the above message just keep on trying again and again..its important…otherwise go to settings> configuration>activate configuration>select any of the sim you want>access point>change to differen access point… and then try whatsapp again..i did this and it worked for me…if you dont have different access points then call customer care and get the new gprs settings and keep on saving all the access points they send..

34. says

schivmeister Thanks very much. I’ve not thought about porting this method to Viber or Line or other chat messengers, but I’ll surely check that out.

35. JOSHI RUTVIK says

it gives message error occured whilst connecting….. even though i have a perfect data plan

36. sherbaaz says

thanks echo , now i can use whatsapp on my nokia x2-02 ! really happy !

37. sherbaaz says

JOSHI RUTVIK plz deleted every other gprs setting in your phone ! and pls save only settings u r using for gprs ! i have tried it , it works !

38. JOSHI RUTVIK says

sherbaaz thanks…it worked!

39. AbdulHafiz says

thanks dear thanks a lot i got nokia 515 dual sim i have whatsapps

40. gakwaya says

Plz help me, I have nokia x2-02 , and I did all steps but when I open it gives message error occured whilst connecting….. even though i have a perfect configuretion data .

41. Aakaash Kumar says

ChinmayaDattatrayaBhat which cellular connection ur using

42. shubhamag271096 says

43. SaiKalyan1 says

Hey i downloaded whats app in nokia c2-03 but its showin setting up failed network conditions couldnt allow contact refresh..? Plz help me out :-(

44. SaakshiSharma says

hey m nt getting whatsap on nokia 301 dual sim

45. soulie12000 says

Great but you must select whatsapp in settings to show on home screen works on X2-02 just fine

46. gauthamabab79792 says

Sherbazz i jst hve an problm like joshi plzzz replay wid the options to make available network and use whatsapp plzzz replay

47. chinmaytube says

soulie12000  Same here wat to do nxt

48. chinmaytube says

sherbaaz  bro tell me too u got it well n completely done on ur Nokia X2-02

49. Finidi says

Great, I could install it. But it does not work for 2 weeks later .. someone else will happen?

50. chinmaytube says

51. RafliDalam says

now the whatsapp cannot be update… any solutions?

52. Aditya1243 says

53. damilola bada says

is there no other way other thain this first two please help

54. damilola bada says

is there no other way other than this two steps pleas

55. OsasEdos says

this is osas

56. DeeptiPrabha says

@kcemenike  I am trying the steps on my Nokia Asha 202. But there are several issues.
    1) When i transfer the files from my laptop to phone via bluetooth the files directly get saved in the apps folder. So, there is no way i can copy it to this location and then delete it from original location
    2) when i am done with the update version for watsapp n the watsapp page opens there is this “updating notifications enabler” after which there is a pop-up message which says ‘ phone not supported.
    3) After I dismiss the above message n enter my phone number the same problem of ‘error in connection’ like many others happens. However, my internet is working fine.

I tried to delete all files and repeated evrything again and again but the same issues. Plz reply asap. I am very eager to start using watsapp on my fone. Plz.

57. DeeptiPrabha says

Hey i downloaded whats app in http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?toolid=10029&campid=CAMPAIGNID&customid=CUSTOMID&catId=15032&type=2&ext=161241112089&item=161241112089asha 202 but its showin setting up failed network conditions couldnt allow contact refresh..? Plz help me out :-(

Trackbacks