Over the months, many phone users have searched for ways to root their Android devices, and there are many methods to accomplish this. There is the pda.net + eroot method, the SuperOneClick method, the Siyah install method, and the Poot + Ministro II method anomg others. These methods you may have tried but found no success in rooting your Tecno phone mostly because it is not in the compatibility list of these root methods. Your Tecno is an MTK device (aka Chinese products) and most root methods do not work for MTK devices.
But come in FramaRoot, a method that was designed specifically for your Techno phone. Courtesy of alephzain, distinguished member of XdaDev, we now have a way to root (and probably unroot) your Tecno phone without a PC.
How it works
Please skip this part if you don’t care about the geeky details
FramaRoot uses known exploits in the android operating system to install a superuser app and the corresponding su binaries on your phone. It only asks for Picture and Music reading permissions but at the background, it uses the exploit to root your device.
If this process works on your device, then your warranty may have become void. You may be able to unroot though. But be aware that I do not take responsibility for problems you may cause yourself through use of guide.
Download FramaRoot from the download links at the end of this post.
If downloading from a PC (your computer may flag it as dangerous, please ignore the warning and complete the download)
Install FramaRoot on your device. You will notice a warning from Google saying this application uses known exploit blah blah blah. Allow it.
Run the app.
Possible cases once application is launched
- A popup saying “Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot”, in this case you must uninstall app. It won’t work. You can try other download links
- You seeing one or more exploit name, also click on one after you have selected an action and you will see one of the above messages
Possible case once exploit is launched
- “Success … Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device”
- “Failed … Exploit work but installation of Superuser and su binary have failed”
- “Half-Success :-/ … system partition is read-only, use local.prop trick. Reboot your device and use adb to see if it run as root”, happen when the filesystem in use on system partition is a read only filesystem (ex: squashfs)
- “Failed … Try another exploit if available”
Please I would appreciate your feedback through the comments if it works for you or not. And please include your device model and Operating System too.
Download links below (courtesy of xdadev)
Framaroot-1.4.1.apk – (2.14 MB)
Framaroot-1.4.apk – (2.14 MB)
Framaroot-1.3.apk – (2.14 MB)
Framaroot-1.4.2.apk – (2.16 MB)
Framaroot-1.4.3.apk – (2.02 MB)
Framaroot-1.5.0.apk – (2.02 MB)
Framaroot-1.5.1.apk – (2.02 MB)
Framaroot-1.5.2.apk – (2.03 MB)
Framaroot-1.5.3.apk – (2.03 MB)
Framaroot-1.6.0.apk – (2.03 MB)
Framaroot-1.6.1.apk – (908.2 KB)