In a previous post, I described how you can export your (Blackberry) contacts to comma separated values (CSV) format. You may be wondering how you can import these contacts to your, say, Samsung, or iPhone. This post attempts to show you how to import your contacts in CSV format to your Samsung.
In summary, you have to import these contacts to your gmail account and then synchronize this account with your PC.
- Samsung Kies software (installed on an internet connected PC)
- A Samsung phone compatible with Samsung Kies
- A USB cable for connecting your phone with the PC (you could use Bluetooth if you wish to)
- A Gmail™ account (for synchronization)
After connecting your phone with your PC, and firing up Samsung Kies software, you can follow these steps (courtesy of Samsung.com)
Import Contacts to Google Account
To import your contacts into your Google Account:
- Open your Gmail™ inbox and click on the Gmail option on the left to select Contacts.
- Click the More button at the top of your contacts list and click Import.
- Click the Browse button to find and select the CSV file you created using the steps above.
- When you have selected your file, click Import.
- Your contacts can now be synchronized to your device by editing the contacts sync option for your Google Account on your device. Touch Applications > Settings >Accounts and sync.
- Touch your Google Account to edit the sync settings.
- Touch Sync Contacts to synchronize the contacts that you just imported to your device.
Did this work for you? Don’t forget to leave your comments below, like and share with your friends.